Friday, September 5, 2008

Choppin' Chicken Necks



Another great thing about living here, is eating here. We get everything fresh from the market or from our neighbors. Drew and Ann love to cook so we are learning a ton, too. Just this week we went to our neighbor to buy some chicken for dinner. And that is what she gave us. Head and all. I had to watch a few youtube videos to learn how to cut up a whole chicken. None of them showed how to remove the head? So, in one of my more glorious moments, I threw back the butcher knife to see what it could do! LIKE BUTTA!! We had a great dinner! Can't wait to have you all over for a fresh cooked meal! When are you coming?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear sister in law... what can i say other than i have always known that one day in your life, you'd be lopping off the heads of chickens. Jacob would be so impressed and scream "CHICKEN" right there with you... We miss you so much and look forward to the next visit on the computer! Hasta see you latero!
bryan

Lauren said...

Jenny, I have to say, I'm not so excited that you were dicing chickens, but I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!!