Friday, September 26, 2008

How are we feeling?



We talk a lot about what we DO, but want to let you know how we are FEELING here. I'm feeling good. It is funny how much I worry about the future. I already am trying to figure out where we will live when we come back to the US in 2 years. We love our housing- with Drew and Ann and the fact that we walk to and from school. We probably will never walk to and from work again. Our neighbors are great- just today 2 boys brought us a cat that had been poisoned to have us help them nurse it back to health. It is a good community. We've built relationships with some people from different churches, seeing where we want to focus during our time here. We're spending a lot of time with a lot of people for dinner and things like that. No lack of friendships so far. An interesting thing- I believe I mentioned it before, we could come home not knowing Spanish. We could go to school, speak english, and hang out with only English speakers- if we wanted to. But we are trying our best to learn. I miss 2 things- Doritos and Football. People say I can find Doritos here, but I have not yet. We love just taking walks- saying hello to people on the streets, with their herds of sheep or bags of groceries. It is hard- I want to make the most of every day- I am guilty when I am inside, but every day has been incredible. Still only about 5 raindrops and 1 cloudy days- in over 6 weeks. But people say the rainy season is coming. School is great. We are supported by the administration and the kids are good. We are getting to really like them. Some are very spoiled (some have maids help or do homework for them) but they are all great. I'm reading a great book about Simple Living. And trying to live it out. Trying new things- last night had cow hearts and a taco with ketchup, mustard, and mayo. Both were great!!! It has been neat so far because we are learning a lot about how people live differently and on so much less here. I struggle with worrying, and not trusting God with things such as money and my future- but I hope that in my two years here I will really learn how to trust God with these things. But I truly do THANK GOD for once again leading us incredibly and blessing us with more than we coould have imagined. We are so thankful.

1 comment:

laura said...

Doritos... Q'Barato at the corner of Antezana and Ecuador :) Enjoy!