Saturday, September 13, 2008

Biking on Cobblestones will be hard but worth it

Pretty darn crazy- Last week I began contemplating a fun idea- doing Ironman Brazil in either 2009 or 2010. It would be hard training, mostly because most of the roads are cobblestones. I said I'd only do an Ironman again if I train with someone else. Drew is a runner and we can train together. I also saw some guys riding our first week here. I want to find them. But this was crazy. On the way to church we got off the trufie, and guess what we saw. A bike race. But it wasn't a bike race- it was a triathlon. IN COCHABAMBA!!! It was the Bolivian championships. It was so cool. I went crazy. I just started saying "English? English?? English??" After being turned down by about 15 people a guy spoke English and explained that triathlon is still a very new sport in Bolivia. He said only about 15 people do triathlons here in CBBA. He introduced me to his swimming coach and I may spend some time with them. Either coaching or training myself with them. We will see. I love the sport, and it will give me a great opportunity to spend good time with people here. So we'll see what happens. I am pumped.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! it sounds like you are both having an amazing time :) i miss you so much and can't wait to come visit!

ps i'm getting a webcam soon so we can catch up!

jodi said...

How are you guys? Bolivia is in the news here and it doesn't sound good.

Lauren said...

Woo Woo, Johnny! That'd be great if you got into triathlons down there.

Karrn Bales said...

Hi Johnny and Jenny!
James and I love your blog! It has been fun getting caught up on your adventure. Let us know how biking on cobblestone works out.