Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SCHOOL




We’re done our first week of school. Went well. I love our director. We are just well supported and he is a positive “coach” type leader. As he addressed all the kids the first day he stole all my lines about success and how he doesn’t like to fail. He will do all he does to help, and how everything is a choice. He chooses to teach, care for each kid, and make every day a great day.

I gave out 6 detentions the first week. None of the kids were bad, 3 were for being late, and the other 3 were to prove points to the class. It is a necessity at the start of the year. Food at school is AWESOME!!! It is an actual restaurant opened from morning until about 5:00. One day I got lunch AGAIN after school to take home for dinner.

A note from Jenny-

Okay, So I did cry once this week. Maybe 2x? being a first year teacher is a big task, especially considering I have had no prior training. Also, they day I got here they asked me to teach 6th instead of 4th! All that I prepared for…out the window! Awesome. Not to mention I have the biggest class at the school and it is considered one of the “tough” classes. GREAT! I cried when I talked to my mom and family. 2 reasons: I was stressed as crap and when ever you talk to your mom it is okay to cry. Then it hit me that vacation was over…we live here! And Here is Great, but will my family ever get to see it and experience all that we tell them about? I don’t know, just makes me sad. And I miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!! you go girl!!!!!!!! i know you can do it! love the do by the way.

i bet the culture there is a huge adjustment, i can't imagine it. when brad went to ecuador he said the same thing about the packs of doggies. (see to me, i just picture them all as little oliver and i feel sad!) heh. maybe you guys can start a new thing and become dog herders on the side. talk about serving. heh heh. jk.

what an awesome adventure jen. really awesome.

you know stuff! you'll be a good teacher! ;) and remember, the kids at that age think you know more than you actually do, so that's a plus...

hm. what else. oh, i love blogs, so expect regular comments on here girlfriend. ;)

i bet you do feel homesick sometimes, and it probably comes and goes, i bet it's one of those things you gotta take as one day at a time when you're sad.

Hey do you have a way to download stuff on your ipod there?

Anyways, i bet this will be so good for your marriage and also with Jesus. How great that you have another couple there too, otherwise you might go loco!!!

Love you Jen and so excited for you on this adventure!!