Saturday, August 30, 2008

Learning to Relax


People here know how to relax. It is wonderful. We have been running on the weekends up to now, just shopping and stuff, but today we got to relax well. Drew and I played soccer with workers from the school. They all get together- no hurry, sit around always start about an hour late, and just relax. Nobody is really in charge, they just have fun. Not to competitive, just fun. A wife of a worker and her 3 boys were there with us- the boys playing with sticks and old tires. I just loved it. We played around, and then we decided to bet on the game. The loser would by a 2-Liter bottle of Coke. When I played with kids this week, that is what they played for too!! But it was so cool, when we were done, we just all laid around, one guy ran (really ran- no car) to a corner store and grabbed the Coke. We share a communal cup and just hang out. Relax. Laying in the sun, not a cloud in the sky, and not many worries. It just didn't happen in the states like this too much. I am not complaining. I think I can get used to this.

1 comment:

jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.