Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dogs and my new restaurant plans.



Anyone who knew home much I (John) loved dogs at home- boy oh boy- CBBA is the place for cat-lover, dog-haters like me. There are about 7 billion dogs here in Cochabamba, mmany stray but many are used by people instead of security guards. They do their job to say the least. It is sometime quiet, but more than not there is always a dog barking within earshot.

The government here was going to get rid of the strays but it turns out they eat all the trash! So I am now thinking about opening a Thai/Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant specializing in dog meat. They keep us up at night like crazy!! We couldn't believe it at first. I sleep with earplugs but it is still ridiculous. We have a small balcony, and I kept a pile of rocks to throw at them in the middle of the night. Last week we moved to our third floor to get farther from them It is still loud- last night there was this yapper howling in the middle of the street- but GOOD THING FOR MY ROCKS!!!! He and a second dog, because of my good aim (I missed but it did the trick) high-tailed it from our block surely to wake somebody else up somewhere else.

So I'm getting used to the earplugs every night and our new bedroom farther from the dogs, and planning the opening of my new restaurant.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hahahahahahahaha, that is great...but you better be nice to those dogs, MJ!! Love you guys!