Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our first real weekend!



Friday night, we headed out for a night on the town, just the 2 of us.  Ate at a really nice restaurant. Paid $3 for huge filet steak, ate our hearts out.  Did we mention that food here is really really cheap?  Then headed off for a nice romantic movie.  Saw some of our kids from school, the Cine is the Big hang out. It was great to be out and see people we know, makes it feel more like home. Never did see a movie as the one we wanted to see was only in Spanish. We really need to learn Spanish soon.

Saturday we went to La Cancha, that largest open aired market in the Eastern Hemisphere! It is unbelievable! It is a blog post of its own.

Saturday night we watched The Motorcycle Diaries. I recommend it. Spanish movie with subtitles- was very cool- movie about much injustice in South America. Two guys on a motorcycle on an adventure. Reminded me a lot of my bike trip 3 years ago. Watch it if you can.  You will then want to come visit us!!!!  I love that Jenny and I are here on this adventure and hope this will be a way we will continue to live. Teaching will allow us to travel and adventure every July and August!!!! WOO HOO!!


Sunday met a bunch of Bolivian guys- I was just walking down the street, and a 25 year old fellow passed kicking a ball. He was cool to me- we tried to talk- and he invited me to hang with him and play with his friends. Each Sunday do sometyhing- volleyball, wallyball, soccer. We went to a place and played walleyball. About 10 guys. It was so cool. They all went to high school together. Most now either work in resturaunts or for Coca-Cola. It was just fun. They are better than me- I am telling you. I am about a foot and a half taller than them all, but they were all darn good. I have an excuse. I was rusty on my wallyball skills. But it was cool to be invited to hang out. They even invited me to play with them this weekend. Soccer this weekend- I know I'll get my butt kicked!!!! It is ridiculous- in soccer my 6th graders can run circles around me!!!!!

No comments: