Friday, August 21, 2009

SUMMER 2009

SO, we were pumped to get home. Real pumped. So excited, that get this...after going into a bathroom in the Miami airport, not having to pay to go in, actually flushing the toilet paper instead of putting it into a trash can, and being able to drink from a water fountain.....we both truly broke down and started to cry at the baggage claim!! We love the USA!!


Our parents and Lori met us at the airport and we were obviously so excited to se them. John's dad greeted him with a Super-Size bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos, which I missed so much over the past year. We had our meals planned out. We headed straight for the Carlyle Grand in Alexandria. About seven appetizers and an amazing meal,Jenny got a real beer, we loved it.


Our friends had a party for us the next day where we just go to see everyone, show pics, and just share our experience. It was so wonderful. I am also so thankful that the friendships are still there. They are solid enough that after a year of not seeing each other, they hardly took a few minutes to be right where they left off.

It was just great to be home. We spent time in Virginia Beach with Jenny's family, includng Lori and Bryan, Mary Kate, Jacob and Addie Grace who came in for 3 weeks from Jackson, MI. It was just good hanging with the family we love so stinkin' much. We needed good time with our family who we missed so much last year.



We had the Kane Family Weekend. It was awesome. We loved it. Just fun hanging with aunts, uncles, cousins, and all their kids. Our family is growing every year. We hope to add to the family in about a year or two!!!!!!





Phillies game with two of my best friends, Finn and Creeden. Couldn't be home without a Phils game.


Some members of the OCC, the Oreland Cyclng Club. This was truly one of my funnest times of being at home. I got to go out on bike rides with friends. It is kind of hard to explain, but I just loved these times!!!!! It is how I would spend most of my time if I could. Biking with my best friends. Once we biked then had a post ride breakfast at the Fairlane, and this is a pic of post ride Chinese. DK, Wilo, Finn, and Lizzy G. Thanks guys. For real. Absolutely loved it.




This was cool. Got to check out my pop's job site. My dad is the man. Simple as that. He's great at what he does, works harder than anyone I know, and gets the job done. And they're big jobs. He's the man and I love him. It was so cool for me and Jenny to go see his site, his office, and see him in action.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Soooooooooooom no pics of Jenny's gorgeous parents or sister - what are we? Chopped liver or something gross? Glad to see you finally updatedyour blog - keep it up. Love you both

mac said...

spicy nacho doritos are the best!!! next to los kilmartinos, of course...