Friday, August 21, 2009

Costa Rica


If you remember, we are in this cool Master's Program, Jenny for International Education, me for Educational Leadership, in which we will go to Costa Rica 4 or 5 times over these 2 years. It has been a neat time to travel and meet new friends. (This is the school in CR where we take classes, it's much different then Calvert.)



This is Brooke. Brooke is the bomb. This could be enough said, but I will say more. She is just cool and fun and rediculous and will be a friend for life. She's not getting rid of us. (I wish I could have stayed an hour longer after this pic was taken to see all the drama that unfolded....please keep me updated.)


She threw her keys away in a nasty trash can, set us up with an incredible 5-star place to stay, (for real, thank you!!!!), and we just like her. SHOUT OUT!
















And I got to see a great friend in Costa Rica. Brian Neary, just grauated from LaSalle, took a surfing trip to CR and we got to hang together and catch up. It was wonderful. To catch up on lfe, and then to surf together. We went in the evening, paddled across this river that met the ocean, I was surfing (kind of) with a full moon on one side and the sun setting on the other. Amazing. The coolest part, as it was getting dark, we decided to head home, Bri and his friend were on the beach, I rode the last wave all the way to the shore, stepped right off the board onto the sand. Could not have been better. (for me.) (FYI, i have no pics to document this because it would require swimming across a river with a camera.)

Next morning was a different story. Waves are bigger in the morning, which was great for them, terrible for me. I couldn't even paddle out the waves were so big. I tried to duck my board or roll over, nothing worked. I tried for about 20 minutes and called it quits. Just laid on the beach, watched them, and enjoyed the early morning. A Kelly Slater I will never be.


Here is one of our favorite parts of CR...the food. Specifically this Lebanese place with belly dancer and all, look at that spread! I affectionately call it Lub-Nub b/c I can never remember the name, sounds yummy.



































This is what we saw in the middle of NOWHERE on way home from the beach back to San Jose...
















Also, please note our 2 year anniversary presents to each other...(read our shirts)














We like being married.










We laugh a lot.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I love the t's J & J. We're thinking and praying for you guys. I hope you both have a great start to school year #2 in Cochobamba:)