Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The food and faces of La Cancha

Every Saturday morning we fight our way through La Cancha! The largest open-air market in the western hemisphere. I wish we could give you some idea of what it is like? How packed it is, the food, the people, the smell? Here you get the full cultural experience.
Well, here we go...
While your there, you have to dodge the traffic


The carts of stuff (can you believe that one man pulls that around all day?)


The people


The food...
Bread anyone?

Fruit?

How much pineapple can you fit in your car?

Ahhh yes. the meat.

Or maybe you want your meat fresh?

The faces...





Trust me, these pictures do not do it justice. Come and see for yourself. We have plenty of room.

1 comment:

Emily said...

La Cancha is Spanish for THE CANCHA!!!!

I am impressed you managed to take all these pictures without getting your camera stolen and I shall link to this post if I ever feel a need to attempt to explain the insanity of La Cancha!

I'll miss you guys... thanks for all the hospitality and love this year!